Friday, August 10, 2007

Human Relations Appointment

I've been to busy with work to post this since Wed., but I served my first day of my recently appointed position as a Commissioner on the Human Relations Commission. I was appointed on 7/17/07 and will serve until 8/15/08. I have to pick two committees to serve on as well and I have chosen my first to be the Fair Housing Committee. I am interested in the Education committee as well. I look forward to serving this position and the people of the City of Greensboro.

The Human Relations Commission's mission is to promote fair treatment and mutual understanding among all residents and to resolve issues most likely creating unrest among racial and ethnic groups.

I would like to thank City Council members T. Diane Bellamy-Small and Goldie Wells for making the appointment happen. I look forward to working with both of you.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.